Refunds are typically issued within 21 days of e-filing. The IRS has a tool on their website irs.gov. Most states have a similar way to find refund information. With a few pieces of information from your return, you can quickly find the status and projected date for your refund. This provides the most up-to-date information available. After I e-file a return, I only get confirmation that it was received successfully.
- I started a business this year. How should I handle my accounting? What are my tax filing requirements?
- My current tax preparer does an OK job, but I always feel rushed during my tax appointment. Also, he’s difficult to reach when I have a question. I want to change to someone else, but I’m afraid that some information might get lost by going to the new person.
- Do you need to file a federal tax return this year?
- I just got a phone call from someone saying they were from the IRS. They wanted some personal information and my credit card number for back taxes that I owe. I don’t know what they are talking about. What should I do?
- I am about to start a new business and I think I want to incorporate or maybe be an LLC. Which should I pick?