A 6-month extension is available to everyone. However, if you think that you will owe, you should pay that estimated amount by April 15. This will avoid late-filing and late-paying penalties and interest. Please contact me and I can file the extension for you electronically. That provides proof that the extension was filed prior to the April 15 deadline.