A 6-month extension is available to everyone. However, if you think that you will owe, you should pay that estimated amount by April 15. This will avoid late-filing and late-paying penalties and interest. Please contact me and I can file the extension for you electronically. That provides proof that the extension was filed prior to the April 15 deadline.
- I started a business this year. How should I handle my accounting? What are my tax filing requirements?
- My current tax preparer does an OK job, but I always feel rushed during my tax appointment. Also, he’s difficult to reach when I have a question. I want to change to someone else, but I’m afraid that some information might get lost by going to the new person.
- I don’t think I can file my returns by April 15. What should I do?
- Do you need to file a federal tax return this year?
- I just got a phone call from someone saying they were from the IRS. They wanted some personal information and my credit card number for back taxes that I owe. I don’t know what they are talking about. What should I do?