Congratulations on starting down the path of being your own boss! I can assist you with setting up and maintaining your accounting records in QuickBooks. The backbone of all successful businesses is accurate and timely financial information. This will also allow efficient tax return preparation each year. If you are a sole proprietor, you’ll file a Schedule C with your personal tax return reporting your income and expenses. If you are a corporation or LLC, there will be separate entity returns.
- I started a business this year. How should I handle my accounting? What are my tax filing requirements?
- My current tax preparer does an OK job, but I always feel rushed during my tax appointment. Also, he’s difficult to reach when I have a question. I want to change to someone else, but I’m afraid that some information might get lost by going to the new person.
- I don’t think I can file my returns by April 15. What should I do?
- Do you need to file a federal tax return this year?
- I just got a phone call from someone saying they were from the IRS. They wanted some personal information and my credit card number for back taxes that I owe. I don’t know what they are talking about. What should I do?