I hear variations of this question frequently. If you have copies of your last 2 years tax returns, I can review them for any items that will impact your current year tax returns. Alternately, we can request transcripts or copies from the IRS. There is no reason to be concerned that something may be missed in the transition. I’m always easy to reach by phone or email.
- I started a business this year. How should I handle my accounting? What are my tax filing requirements?
- My current tax preparer does an OK job, but I always feel rushed during my tax appointment. Also, he’s difficult to reach when I have a question. I want to change to someone else, but I’m afraid that some information might get lost by going to the new person.
- Do you need to file a federal tax return this year?
- I just got a phone call from someone saying they were from the IRS. They wanted some personal information and my credit card number for back taxes that I owe. I don’t know what they are talking about. What should I do?
- I am about to start a new business and I think I want to incorporate or maybe be an LLC. Which should I pick?