Employers should send out an employee’s W-2 by Jan. 31 of each year. If you haven’t received it by mid-February, you should contact the employer. Make sure they have your correct mailing address. If your employer won’t provide one, then there are other options including contacting the IRS or filing a special W-2 replacement form with your tax return.
- I started a business this year. How should I handle my accounting? What are my tax filing requirements?
- My current tax preparer does an OK job, but I always feel rushed during my tax appointment. Also, he’s difficult to reach when I have a question. I want to change to someone else, but I’m afraid that some information might get lost by going to the new person.
- I don’t think I can file my returns by April 15. What should I do?
- Do you need to file a federal tax return this year?
- I just got a phone call from someone saying they were from the IRS. They wanted some personal information and my credit card number for back taxes that I owe. I don’t know what they are talking about. What should I do?