Employers should send out an employee’s W-2 by Jan. 31 of each year. If you haven’t received it by mid-February, you should contact the employer. Make sure they have your correct mailing address. If your employer won’t provide one, then there are other options including contacting the IRS or filing a special W-2 replacement form with your tax return.